The German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), the largest biomedical research institute in Germany, operates a comprehensive program in the field of cancer research. Together with university partners at seven renowned partner sites, we have established the German Cancer Consortium (DKTK).
For the partner site of DKTK Frankfurt / Mainz the German Cancer Research Center is seeking a
Technical Laboratory Assistant
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic technical laboratory assistant to support the diversified work in our new group "Cancer Immunotherapy", located at University of Medicine in Mainz.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- General laboratory organization (ordering, preparation of reagents, protocol management, archiving of plasmids, etc.)
- Molecular biological and cell biology standard methods (extraction and analysis of DNA, RNA and proteins, cultivation of cells, microscopy, FACS)
- Animal experiments with mice (general handling, injections)
- Histology and immunohistochemistry
- Data management and analysis
- Supporting the training / teaching of students and young scientists
- Completed training as a biological laboratory assistant / BTA or comparable
- Experience in molecular and cell biology techniques
- Good experience in animal experiments
- Reliability in experimental work as well as excellent organizational skills
- Strong motivation and sense of responsibility
- Very good communication skills and the ability to work in an international team
- Lab language is English; very good knowledge of English is therefore essential
The position is limited to 2 years. The position can in principle be part-time.
The Translation Center is located at the University of Medicine in Mainz.
For further information please contact
Dr. Borhane Guezguez, phone 06131 17-9785.
The German Cancer Research Center is committed to increase the percentage of female scientists and encourages female applicants to apply. Among candidates of equal aptitude and qualifications, a person with disabilities will be given preference.
To apply for a position please use our online application portal (www.dkfz.de).
We ask for your understanding that we cannot return application documents that are sent to us by post (Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Personalabteilung, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg) and that we do not accept applications submitted via email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.